The Lolworth Village School, which closed in 1958 when the last remaining children were transferred to Swavesey, had opened in 1869 having been built by the Daintrees family along with an attached teacher’s house. Founded as a church school, it was funded by voluntary contributions and it was not until 1910 that it was taken over by the council against the wishes of the local rector. During the 19th century, as well as the rector occasionally teaching, there were many different schoolmistresses. One of those was Christine Trueman, who in June 1898 also became the village’s first postmistress.
Until the opening of the school children had either been sent to Boxworth or taught in the church. A church Day School, which was paid for by subscriptions, was maintained by the rector from 1831. There was also a Sunday School by 1807.